The Junior SharePoint Developer is responsible for assisting in the development of new SharePoint solutions, supporting customers that are migrating content from Google site to Office365, and supporting strategic and legacy solutions in multiple SharePoint and content management projects. He/she will use out of the box features for creating webpages, forms, workflows, and will be responsible for documenting processes.
The Junior SharePoint Developer will have the opportunity to work with the latest SharePoint and cloud-based technologies; such as Office365, SharePoint Online (SPO), and AWS. He/she will assist new users with site creation and best practices.
- Assists with developing and maintaining SharePoint application solutions, custom workflows, lists, and libraries.
- Ensures that all SharePoint development requirements are supported in compliance with governing policies and processes.
- Researches alternatives and SharePoint capabilities to improve SharePoint development and development processes.
- Assists in the analysis of change requests impacting the SharePoint applications and the development of effective solutions.
- Assists with performing component and full regression testing of SharePoint applications.
- Assists the customer in the redevelopment/migration of current Google Sites to SPO.
- Works directly with SharePoint leads in recreating content in the new SPO environment.
- Provides hands on training and assistance with basic SharePoint development tasks; such as:
- Site creation
- Basic formatting
- List/form and content development
- SharePoint features and automation
- SharePoint development best practices
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Must be a US Citizen able to obtain an agency-specific Public Trust clearance.
- 2+ years of professional experience desired.
- SharePoint 2013 versions along Office365 a must.
- InfoPath, MS Teams, and Visio a plus.
- Background with UX design is a plus.
- Must be able to work with Master Pages, Apps, Page Layouts, User Stories, Web Parts, Windows Workflow Foundation, SharePoint Ribbon, and have a basic understanding of site creation and formatting.
- Must have design thinking experience and a customer-centric delivery approach.
- SharePoint Certification(s) a plus but not required.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTE: SBD is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended (“ADA”), and applicable state and local laws. It is SBD’s policy not to discriminate against any qualified person or applicant with regard to any terms or conditions of employment on the basis of such individual’s disability. Consistent with this policy of non-discrimination, SBD will provide reasonable accommodations to an individual with a disability, as defined in the ADA or applicable law, who has made SBD aware of his/her disability, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship to SBD. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within SBD, or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize SBD’s online employment application, please contact SBD-Talent@sbd2.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: SBD is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").