SBD is seeking an innovative Senior .NET Developer to join a team of application development professionals responsible for the modernization of two major web applications for our federal financial customer located in Alexandria, VA. The team will be responsible for modernizing a legacy multiple-system workflow into a single system utilizing .NET Core, SQL, and integrating the system across specific systems within the enterprise. The team will be responsible for ensuring the web applications are fully compatible in multiple web browsers and browser versions, including Microsoft Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Opera and eliminate the dependence on a plugin. The goal of this project is to provide a single system platform that is scalable, extensible, user-friendly, and easy to maintain by developing a user-driven product and allow for flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
- Responsible for designing, developing managing and developing the applications for configuration management practices and processes, change management processes and configuration auditing.
- Perform software modifications, validation, updates and enhancements.
- Must be fully versed and experienced with agile methods and have worked on teams that must deliver working software to the government incrementally.
- Perform software modifications, validation, updates and enhancements, to include developing customized boards (WebEOC) based on current information sharing practices.
- Meet with users to discuss requirements and customer needs.
- Provide helpdesk functions to assist users with technical and administrative issues.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience in web development.
- Expertise in .NET Core and Angular.
- Experience integrating with enterprise-wide systems.
- Experience developing modern user-friendly user interfaces.
- Experience with configuration management practices and processes, change management processes, and configuration auditing.
- Knowledge and experience in Agile system design & development and the SDLC process for transitioning existing systems to new technologies.
- Knowledge and experience in Agile systems development methods, including interacting, communicating, and collaborating with government counterparts, including receiving and applying feedback to change and adapt to meet needs.
- Knowledge and experience working with Windows 2016 Servers, IIS, and WPF/WCF; and SQL 2014.
- Knowledge and experience working with .NET 4.0; ASP.NET; C#; MSMQ; Silverlight 5.0; SQL Server 2014; WCF Service; Windows Services, HTML 5.
- Knowledge of existing forms development tools available in the market that can work to better serve the regulatory reporting needs of our customer.
- Must have and maintain a minimum of Legal Permanent Resident Status. Non-U.S. citizen applicants with Legal Permanent Resident status must have resided in the United States for at least three (3) of the last five (5) years.
- All applicants must be able to successfully obtain a federal agency-specific background investigation (Public Trust), inclusive of a credit check, prior to beginning work for this customer.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTE: SBD is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended (“ADA”), and applicable state and local laws. It is SBD’s policy not to discriminate against any qualified person or applicant with regard to any terms or conditions of employment on the basis of such individual’s disability. Consistent with this policy of non-discrimination, SBD will provide reasonable accommodations to an individual with a disability, as defined in the ADA or applicable law, who has made SBD aware of his/her disability, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship to SBD. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within SBD, or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize SBD’s online employment application, please contact SBD-Talent@sbd2.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: SBD is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").